Sunday, July 5, 2009

This Man


For those that know my Jason, I'm sure I don't need to explain much about this picture, though it will forever remain in my heart.


This was one of the few weekends we had set aside to be home for the summer. With many hundreds of things to do around the house and in the yard just to keep up with the hot weather, much less make any progress on our various remodeling projects, Jason was raring to go at the start of the day. Yet, he set aside time to work on a couple of projects for me, such as bringing in the air conditioning unit and setting it up.


A couple of hours into the day, our little Emet fell down the stairs. Jason dropped everything he was doing, and from that moment on became the keeper of our little hurting child. After a trip to the Urgent Care department, x-rays on his spine and skull indicating no damage, they sent us home with instructions to watch him carefully. Jason spent the rest of the afternoon with his little Emet, laying on the couch and holding his boy. Emet has a special place in his heart for Papa, and none other would do. As long as his Papa was there, he was comforted. Jason never once complained. He was just there for his son.


When Emet finally became a bit more active, we noticed him favoring his left arm and shoulder. After a few additional exams, Jason found that his collar bone was broken. We'll be taking him back to Urgent Care in the morning for treatment. Mercifully for both Jason and Emet, he fell asleep in his crib - at least for the time being.


"Love is like a friendship caught on fire.

In the beginning a flame, very pretty,

Often hot and fierce,

But still only light and flickering.

As love grows older,

Our hearts mature

And our love becomes as coals,

Deep-burning and unquenchable."

Bruce Lee


My heart matured today, and many more coals were formed within me. What a gift God gave to me. This I know. This I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment