Monday, May 31, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
- Nursing you late at night, then sitting in front of a roaring fireplace with you snuggled in fetal position on my chest, so tiny and little. I would often sit there until the wee hours of the morning holding you close to me, feeling your breath on my chest and your little body rise and fall with sleep.
- Papa sleeping on the couch and having you cuddled close on his chest. He so wanted to soak up every minute he could get with you once he came home from work as your big brothers often dominated his time until they were tucked into bed.
- Caleb holding you with the nursing pillow propping you up to keep you safe and close to him on the couch. He loves to touch your little face with his, giving you gentle kisses and nuzzling you.
- Allie's Gramps holding you days after you arrived from Heaven...and days before he went to Heaven, like two ships passing in the night
- You playing baby Jesus in the Christmas play. You did so well! We were proud of you.
- Emet glowing with pride and joy and excitement when you smile or coo at him
- Emet pronouncing your name, "Anna Roof"
- How the boys call you "Missy" and "Sissy"
- Papa's call: Anna.....(everyone else says...."Roooooof")
- How you stare at us with your enormous blue eyes, then ever so slowly bat your long, beautiful eyelashes
- Your first smile on Christmas Eve!
- Your first cooing noises in early January....and you have cooed and wooed us ever since!
- How quickly you took off, growing and growing and growing...You're my big girl!
- In mid February, you began laughing out loud. Your car seat in the middle row faces Caleb and Emet's in the back row. Caleb started trying to make you smile and you started chuckling at him. He was so proud to be the first to make you laugh!
- In early March, you transitioned from sucking your fist, to finding your thumb...and that thumb has been your close friend ever since! You mostly suck your left thumb, and it's almost always when you are really tired or really hungry. Every time we lay you down for a nap, you immediately find your thumb and close your eyes - turning your head to the right and up in what looks to be a very uncomfortable position!
- On your 5 month birthday, you had your first real tears streaming down your face when crying. How this broke your Mama's heart!
- A week later at Grandma and Grandpa B's house, you rolled from your tummy to your back...and about a week later from your back to your tummy.
- Every time we put you in your little mini crib to sleep now, you reach up and pull down both little white teddy bears that hang from the canopy.
- When you wake from sleeping, you'll often just find your thumb and happily remain in your crib until someone comes to find you. What a blessing you are to a Mama of two busy little boys!
- You love to look at books!! I have noticed this for a couple of months ....how you seem to very intently look at the pictures of any stories we are reading. I think you'll love to read someday.
- You're a great observer, slowly turning toys in your hands to look at them.
- Storytime before nap time. I sit you in your baby bumbo seat in front of the wood stove in between Caleb and Emet, and the three of you face me as I read you stories - one for each of you. You seem so interested in the books! And each of your brothers scoots as close to you as possible.
- When we give you a bath, your little rolls are everywhere! You are so cute! Then we dress you in warm, fuzzy pajamas, with little bunnies or teddy bears on them. Your sweet smelling skin and duck fluffy clean hair make you irresistible.
- Calling you Ru, Ru-Bear, Tiny Bear, and Mama's Princess.
- Your two bottom front teeth poking through as of a few days ago. So cute. You have barely even cried during this teething.
- You look just like my baby pictures. You're Mama's little girl!! I love you!!
Sweet baby girl, here are a million special things I haven't captured in these words. However, one thing is for sure...you have stolen our hearts. We love you and look forward to so many more special memories as you grow into the beautiful little girl God has made you to be. Happy 1/2 birthday!