Friday, August 12, 2011

Celebrating 10 years with my best friend.....my life is beautiful

Ten years ago tonight, I married my best friend. The amazing part is, as much as I loved Jason then, I couldn't have imagined how much I would love him now.

Anyone who knows my Jason knows just what a privilege it is to be his friend.  He is loyal and honorable.....a man of his word.  He encourages and supports, yet challenges, as iron sharpens iron.  I've seen him come alongside strong men of great stature and strength, and when they falter or fear....he encourages gently as if they were a child in need of a father. And they are comforted.  His name means Healer and Hero.  He has been that to many others.  Can you imagine what an honor it has been for me to be his wife, closest friend, and mother of his children?

Ten years ago, Jason committed to love me as Christ loved the church.  No, he hasn't been perfect, no one is, but it has been a humbling experience to see this man of integrity in action and to experience his love for me.

We've learned a lot together on our journey thus far.  We've built a toolbox, and have collected a fair amount of tools which we can pull out when things need to be built or repaired. We have a long ways to go. To that end, we are ever thankful for the large network of family and friends who are walking alongside us on our journey.  What a blessing and support they have been in our lives!  And to God above who has guided and protected us each and every step of the way.........

Ten years ago, we celebrated our union on a perfect August evening surrounded by the lush gardens of my parents' home in Port Orchard, WA.  Swing music and stars filled the night air.....and dreams danced in our hearts.

Tonight, we celebrated ten years of our union on a perfect August evening surrounded by our three children (and baby girl still inside) at the Clark County Fair in Vancouver, WA.  Carnival music and lights filled the night air....and dreams danced in the hearts of our little ones....and thus in our hearts too.   We had a wonderful time together as a family.  I couldn't think of a more perfect way to celebrate.

Our life is a beautiful life, filled with so much love, joy, and life. We have been truly blessed.

 Jason and Ann....newly married

 Radiant with joy...the quads just came out to race.
 Snuggles with Mama.
 My sweet family
 10 years and he still takes my breath away
Mama with her 4 babies
 Papa and his little Ru
 My boys....side by side, as usual

 Soul deep: Emet staring at the Ferris Wheel after first learning he was 1 inch too short to ride this year
Jason and Ann....10 years married...forever in love
We were dreaming then......still dreaming now...

I love you, Jason. May God grant you to me until our last breaths on earth.



1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing! :) And Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete