Wednesday, August 18, 2010

media matters

Tonight at dinner, Caleb turned to Emet and said:

"Emet?  The Bible says, 'Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who mistreat you', so that's what you should do."

My jaw dropped a bit.  I didn't remember teaching Caleb this verse, so I asked, "Caleb, where did you learn this?"  "Alligator Hunter" he replied.  I smiled because I have been feeling a tad guilty for sitting the boys in front of a movie while I do my Bible study in the mornings.  My only requirement has been that it be a movie that teaches them about God.  I guess they have been doing a little studying of their own!

This is a good reminder to me that what we choose to immerse ourselves in determines a large part of who we become.  What we allow in our ears, our eyes, and our minds is what ultimately flows out of our hearts. I am also reminded that the little things we do for others really do matter.  Our friend Pam has been sending the boys a Christian children's DVD now and then.  Because of this, these are options my children have to choose from.  Thanks, Pam!

"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." Proverbs 4:23

"But the words you speak come from the heart...." Matthew 15:18

No comments:

Post a Comment