Sunday, November 13, 2011

Savoring this precious last...





I have been wanting to capture a few thoughts of these last precious days while Grace is still inside of me.  Thus, here I sit curled up on the couch in front of a cozy woodstove fire while the children are nestled in their beds, and Jason asleep beside me.

This pregnancy has been a special one, perhaps because Jason and I are planning for it to be our last, so I'm not taking much for granted.

One day in particular that I'll always remember is our big ultrasound.  We were fortunate to have my parents as well as Grandma Marion and Ann Stolberg there with us in the ultrasound room.  All of our children were there as well - Caleb, Emet, and Anna Ruth.  As usual, Jason and I were alone for the medical portion of the ultrasound and for the first reveal of her gender.  Then, we were able to bring everyone in...  The children were delighted to see our newest family member on the screen, but what I hope to never forget was Anna Ruth's happy chuckle when she saw the baby move around on the screen as she sat cuddled in Papa's lap.....or how when the technician told everyone it was a girl, Caleb's first comment in his little matter of fact voice was "Now we have two little sisters to look out for....one for each of us...that's what I say!"

Although this pregnancy has been quite a bit more physically straining than my others, I have really made an effort to stop and enjoy the unique things my body does to nurture the baby and prepare for her birth.  Soon, we will be meeting our newest baby girl, Grace....and we are all so excited for that day.  Emet's frequent comment is "Oh, when is Gracie coming?  I just can't wait to meet Gracie."  Caleb always says, "I just can't wait to hold Gracie." And, little Anna Ruth points to her car seat, now installed and ready in the car, or her diapers...ready and waiting in Mama's night stand, and says "Baby?".

Yet for now, I am absolutely in love with watching her wriggle and squirm inside of me......and squirm she does! She has been my most active baby by far.  I can actually feel certain body parts poking about - a little bottom, knees, and maybe even her little feet.

My body is weary and ready for her to be born, but my heart is treasuring this time...and savoring these last few days of experiencing life inside of me.......

"In everything, give thanks...."  1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment