Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Second Born Sons

These days, Caleb, Emet and friends spend much time "positioning" themselves via claiming various characters in popular movies:  For example, a typical Caleb led conversation goes something like this:

Caleb: "I'm Lightning McQueen.  He's the coolest.  Who are you?"
Emet: "I'm Lightning McQeen too."
Caleb: "No. Only one can be Lightning....how about you be Mater? He has jets!"

For those of you with multiple children, you will find the humor in the following exchange by our second born son Emet and his good friend Elliott....also a second born son.

Emet: "Elliott.....you can be Yoda, because he is the most powerful.  And I'll be the second most powerful."
Elliott: "No, I don't want to be the most powerful."  :-)

And so I'm reminded as a parent, how different my approach needs to be in parenting each of our children!

No comments:

Post a Comment