Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Little Teachers

I look at you sleeping, your little eyes closed, and time stands still. You lay at peace in my care, trusting me...believing in me, because you don't know to do anything else.

You are fearfully and wonderfully made, priceless gifts, treasures placed in my keeping. Each one of you is special and unique. God designed you because He wanted you just the way you are.... everything about you. You are priceless to Him. Psalm 139:14 says, "I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well."

Your little chests rise and fall with each breath, and for a moment I see what God desires for me......peaceful rest in His care, not worried about tomorrow, just trusting that He is who He says He is.....believing all He has promised, because I know no other way.

As you grow older, little ones, you may wonder about your purpose in life - you may look around you for reassurance and not up to the One who created you. The beautiful things around you may begin to draw you away from your Heavenly Father as you begin to trust in them. You will find out that people may let you down, even Papa and I. You will learn about heartaches and disappointment. You will experience sorrow and pain. Your rest may not be so peaceful, your dreams not so sweet.

The funny thing is.......I'm beginning to see that God has as much purpose for you in my life as He has for me in yours. It is often through you that God speaks to me, and reminds me of how life is supposed to be....reminds me that things don't have to be so complicated....that He wants me to be snuggled safe in His care, leaving tomorrow to Him and not to my own plans, insecurities and fears.

Heavenly Father - hear my prayer! Help me to be as my children, tender and sweet, full of grace and mercy. Let me forgive easily and love much. Let my laughter ring with innocence and pure joy. Let me rest in Your care....believing, obeying and trusting that what You have for me is greater than what I plan for myself. May I always be about Your purpose and not my own. And, God, thank You for my little teachers....the ones You sent to show me the way Home.

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.' " Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment