Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Guns for Bears and God for Fears

Today was a day of memorable quotes from Caleb.  He appears to be going through a stage, yet again, full of one-liners that make me laugh out loud or wipe back tears.

On the way home from school today, he asked me: "Mama? Why is it again that we can't take guns, knives and swords to school? Because, what if a pack of coyotes or bears attacked?  How would we defend ourselves?"

After I explained that the teachers and adults would make sure the children didn't go into places where cayotes or bears would be, Caleb assured me that they might indeed find their way to the school.  "That's ok", he quipped,  "I'm pretty strong.  I could probably take out a bear by myself."

Later tonight...

As I was snuggling with Caleb in bed, (and after him telling me that I was the best Mama in the world and he would always want to snuggle with me because I'm his Mama)  :-), we started talking about first grade.  We discussed that he might be changing to a different school.  Surprisingly, he didn't appear all too worried.  However, at the end of the conversation he said, "I would probably be pretty scared if I didn't know anyone in the class just like I was this year on my first day of half day Kindergarten.  But, I should probably just pray that God would help me to not be scared."

Sweet moment.  Proud Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment