Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Made in China

Just to keep my perspective on what it's like to have a six year old:

 "Mama...if you promise to not tell Papa what it is, I can tell you about the Father's Day gift I made for him.  Well, on one side there is a picture of me, and on the other side I wrote Father's Day 2012.  Mama, and guess what?  This is very special glass from China."

"How do you know it is from China, Caleb?" I asked.

"There is a sticker on it.  It says 'Made in China'. This is how I know it's special glass from China."   :-)

Oh, and a few miles later...

"Mama...when I grow up, I'm not going to buy a new house.  I'm just going to live in the same house we live in now.  I don't want a different house.  I want to always live at home with Mama and Papa."

And, as I sat smiling, straight from my heart, I was ok with that thought.  But.....I do reserve the right to change my mind later.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment